What you can do to help maintain healthy teeth:
- Limit how often you have sweet food and drinks and consume them during meal times rather than between meals.
- Healthy drinks for healthy teeth – tap water and milkChoose healthy snacks such as fresh fruit, vegetable sticks, natural yoghurt, plain popcorn, soups or cheese.
- Choose fresh fruit over dried fruit, as dried fruit will leave a sticky residue on your teeth and can contribute to tooth decay.
- Cut down the sugar added to cups of tea and coffee.
- Drink tap water and plain milk instead of soft drinks, juice or cordial.
- Have a piece of cheese after consuming sweet or acidic food as dairy products assist in reversing the decay process.
Tooth Friendly Snacks
- Fresh fruit and vegetables such as Carrot, Cucumber, Apple, Pear and Celery, Peeled and chopped
- Plain yogurt with chopped fresh fruits such as Strawberry, Mango, Banana or Apple
- Toast fingers and soft cheese spread
- Homemade plain Popcorn
- Potato cakes, Rice cakes
- Water biscuit
- Cheese stick
- Wholemeal pitta bread with soft cheese and cucumber
- Cream crackers with cheese and cherry tomatoes
- Oatcake with Hummos and avocado slices
- Nuts such as Pistachio, Cashew nuts, Walnut and Hazelnut